Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Super Bowl XLIV

The National Football League is somewhat of an obsession of mine. As soon as the clock ticked to 0:00 on Sunday night, I was beginning to think about free agents, drafts, and OTAs. NASCAR will get me through to the Fall but the NFL is the sport that I'm most passionate about.

I was pulling for the Colts on Sunday (and actually thought they would win). Anybody who knows me understands that I am terrible at picking winners. I thought the Jets would beat the Colts and the Vikings would beat the Saints in the Conference finals. So I'm not surprised that the Colts lost.

But football is not what I'm here to talk about. I drove around to a few different places on Sunday night and so I missed a lot of the commercials. Sometimes this can be a good thing but other times I truly enjoy some of the commercials. Anyway one of the things on my to do list on the week after the Super Bowl is catch all the TV spots. I think I saw them all!

Here are my top 3:



THIS (and reruns of the Vikings-Saints game on my DVR) will be my football fix until the fall.

*************************************



Sometimes using your imagination is better than any image that can be put on the screen. Google gets the award for doing the most with the least.

*************************************

http://www.snickers.com/ads/superbowl.html

Then the Betty White/ Abe Vigoda Snickers commercial which apparently Snickers doesn't want shown anywhere but on their website. Not sure when I'll be involved in a football game like this but if Snickers can make feel that much better, I buying.

*************************************

Of course there were some bad ones: the Monster.com Casual Friday ad, the Dockers I Wear No Pants ad and all of the Denny's chicken ads. Whoa, those just creeped me out.

I'd love to hear what some of your favorites were.

-- Peace, Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment